Ann Thomas will bring her popular Door County architectural drawing class Ink and Watercolor to Wustum for this workshop.
Ann will demonstrate her process using rough sketches, simplified perspective and pen techniques with watercolor washes to create charming structures and street scenes. All participants are encouraged to bring an image of a beloved building or street scene to work on.
• Waterproof (felt tip) ink pens in several size tips, a good one is Faber-Castell 4PITT Artist Pens, Black OR any portable sketch pen with waterproof ink.
• Sketch pad, approximately 11 x 14” or what you prefer to use, with paper heavy enough to accept watercolor if desired.
• Several sheets of tracing paper.
• Soft pencils, sharpener and kneaded eraser.
• Portable water container.
• Small set of watercolors or watercolor pencils. Watercolor brushes in several sizes if using watercolor, for instance #2 round, #4 round pointed, #6 round and #12 round brushes are all good choices. 1 or 2 brushes are sufficient.
• Rags or paper towel for cleanup
Students are encouraged to bring the tools they already have and are comfortable working with. This is a very portable class, and the media used should be quick drying.
To find out more about Ann, go to www.AnnThomasIllustration.com.
Sign up by email to email@example.com. Cost: $35. Fee due no later than March 15, 2019.